Saturday, August 8, 2020

Anyone have experience trying to lose weight/get fitter between pregnancies?

I had a baby 10 months ago. I had actually started going to the gym in January when the baby was old enough to go to their onsite nursery. I was doing weight training and C25k every other day (alternating days). I was doing really well going 5-6 days a week and was actually beginning to start making some progress. Then covid happened and my gym closed until a few weeks ago, and even now their nursery is still closed indefinitely.

I was not as motivated as I should have been to seek alternative workout options. I’ve always been really bad at home workouts. I do a lot better with real gym equipment (weight machines instead of free weights, treadmill, etc), which is why I joined a gym! But I am going to try harder to make home workouts work for me in the interim.

The thing is we want two kids, and we want them relatively close together (just ripping off the band-aid and getting the baby phase over with all at once) and I’m planning to discontinue birth control use within the next 1-2 months. My first pregnancy came with pretty rough morning sickness, migraines, and constant fatigue and eventually lots of pain just from standing/walking. I found it really difficult to keep up with any kind of fitness regimen.

So while I currently am really unhappy with my body (I had about 30 lbs to lose pre-baby, and still carrying about 10 lbs of baby weight), I am wondering how worth it is to even pursue fitness right now. Does anyone else have experience beginning a weight loss/fitness journey between pregnancies or soon before planning a pregnancy?

submitted by /u/soswinglifeaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2C9Y4SD

No comments:

Post a Comment