Saturday, August 8, 2020

should I try maintenance for two weeks?

I’m a 16F who’s been exercising and losing weight all summer. I’m ten weeks in. I went from eating 2000-2400 calories exercising 1-2x/week to eating 1400-1900 cals per day* and exercising 5x/week with active rest days.

I think it’s also important to note that since I’ve started, I’ve had a very small appetite. Physically, I almost never feel hungry. I wake up feeling full, and I’d have to go without food for at least 5hrs for me to feel a little hunger.

Lately I’ve been feeling less into my usual forms of exercise (dancing, jump roping), so I walk a lot these days.

I’ve also been feeling less mentally strong when it comes to my calories. I had a maintenance day last week, but since then I just want to do it again. I just want to eat, even though I’m physically just not hungry.

My weight loss has been really slow, as I’ve only lost 5lbs since I started 6/1. This demotivates me a little bit too, because I haven’t seen anyone lose as slowly as I do with a success story.

I want some sort of mental reset that will get me motivated and driven to keep going with my journey. I don’t want to give up after putting this much effort. Im thinking that trying to maintain for two weeks will help me relax a little bit, but my slow rate of weight loss makes me think that I don’t really deserve that.

Any help or suggestions? Anything would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

*note: my baseline is 1400 cals per day, but I eat back half of my exercise calories often.

submitted by /u/iicandyannaii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yppqf

No comments:

Post a Comment