Saturday, August 1, 2020

At a healthy weight for the first time in 4 years! (and 30lbs. down!)

I wanted to share because I'm really proud of myself, and wanted to motivate other people! I weighed myself and am down to 157.4, which means I'm a few pounds into the healthy weight range for my height, and 30 lbs. down from my highest recorded weight! While this might not be as big of a weight loss as a lot of other people on here, I am really proud of this progress, and going from being on the verge of obesity at my highest to now being able to say that I'm healthy is an amazing feeling. I cannot even begin to describe how different I feel now, both mentally and physically.

As someone who has spent years battling body dysmorphia, BID, and just a generally unhealthy relationship with food, exercise, and weight loss, starting to feel more confident and comfortable in my body is truly such an amazing feeling. The negative relationship that I have had with my appearance for so long has caused me to miss out on a lot of important/positive things in the past few years, and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting confident enough to prevent that from happening any more. I usually don't post much on here, but I know that these issues are common for a lot of people, and I wanted to maybe give some hope/encouragement to anyone who is feeling the same thing. At my heaviest weight, I truly felt like I would never be happy and would always feel like a stranger in my body, and here I am a few years later starting to feel like a completely different person.

From here, I'm planning on losing more to get well into the healthy range for my height and working more on muscle building and general fitness. Some day I'll work up the courage to post progress pics on here, but for now I just wanted to share this small victory. :)

submitted by /u/mocha3412
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33gsXzT

No comments:

Post a Comment