Friday, August 21, 2020

Being laughed at for making a change

warning: bad grammar (english isnt my first language)

I was thinking of starting to run/jog every morning, but then a memory had come to mind.

2 years ago, when I was nowhere interested in weight loss (been overweight my whole life), my dad forced us to go with him for a 6 am jog. I was mad because I was woken up from my sleep, but went anyways.

So when we were on the road and 5 minutes in the jog, a bunch of people stood at the roadside, shouting and screaming for me to go on. I thought they were cheering, but they weren't. They were laughing at me because of how I looked. I even heard someone say, "she should just keep eating her unhealthy foods. There's no way she'll lose the weight."

Just hearing that ruined my entire day. I just went home and gave up on my weightloss journey. And since then, I've been so afraid to go out for an early run, afraid of being mocked.

But now I want to start again, so that I can be more active. But the fear of being laughed at is still there. Any tips on how I can get over this past experience?

submitted by /u/funeral4myfat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34hy9nP

No comments:

Post a Comment