Thursday, August 13, 2020

Changing my mindset alone lost me 10 pounds

M(20), SW: 240 CW: 229.4, 5'11"

When summer started in May and everyone was stuck inside I felt the yearly twinge of not having a "summer body".

I have to turn down so many invites to go swimming every year because I'm incredibly self conscious. I freaking love swimming :/

Even this year, with everything going on, I still had so many opportunities to hang out shirtless by some water.

I decided it was time to finally give a shit. I started dealing with my other underlying problems and did my best to actually want to be alive and willingly get out if bed in the morning. Joining this sub helped get in the daily improvement mindset too.

What I didn't realize though, was the act of getting ready mentally to start the weight loss journey fixed a lot of the problems I had that made me gain the weight in the first place.

The past few months I've started to:

-Start cooking instead of ordering junk food (even if it's usually Mac n cheese)

-Sleep earlier to avoid waking up late and having a sluggish day

-Started occasionally doing physical activities I find fun (like skateboarding or just walking around my city)

I'm not even counting macros or even really paying too much attention to calories. Getting out of a slump has already lost me 10 pounds since May and it's such a great thing to notice my face being a little less round.

If small lifestyle changes make me feel this good I can't wait to finally step into a gym (when they open)

submitted by /u/Victries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PRLH10

No comments:

Post a Comment