Monday, August 10, 2020

Concerns over weight loss

I dont know where to really start to so I will just get right to the point. Over the last month or so I have really started to get concerned with my body, espcecially with Covid. So over the past month I have been going on walks with my dog/running a little bit/ etc. However (thanks to this community), I saw some tips on what I should do, rather than just give 50%.

So starting last Monday (I am one week in), I weighed myself at 202.8 LBS (My goal weight will be around 165). I am around 5'6, 27 year old male and have always been stocky, I have massive legs and calves that are almost all muscle. I played sports my whole life, and even some in college (club teams) but that was about 5 or 6 years ago. I used to do other activities (hot yoga, pilates, biking) but havent been really that active in a few years.....back to the good stuff.

So I tracked to lose two pounds a week on my fitness pal, which recommended a net of 1500 calories per day (thus around 1700 total to cover the 200 used during working out). Thus I ran 6 times last week, all followed with some sort of lift (dumbells at home) or core workout (planks/abs) or yoga. I stayed discipline all week and noticed that I lose 4 pounds this past week...which I am very impressed by. However I am a bit concerned about losing too much too fast. Can you guys give me answers or your best opinionated guesses on my questions below.

  1. My biggest fear is that I'll end up having loose skin when I get to my goal weight. Should that be a concern considering my age and height? (27m, 5'6, GW 165 or 37LBs in 20 weeks or so)
  2. I am trying to lose 2 pounds a week, however I am assuming the first few weeks back to working out the weight will come off a bit easier and then will gradually pan out to the 2 lbs a week?
  3. Should I focus more on working out my arms/chest/abs to avoid the excess fat and build muscle up over there?

Thanks in advance guys! I really appreciate the help.

submitted by /u/bluebook60
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3adLuhO

No comments:

Post a Comment