Thursday, August 20, 2020

Down 110~ Pounds! How much will my skin bounce back?! I'm getting worried.

TL;DR: I've lost 110 pounds so far, have another 40-50 to go. Loose skin may be a problem for me I'm really sweating it. Anyone out there who's skin didn't look great 3/4 through their weight loss but came out ok/decent from an elasticity stand point?

To summarize my body stats to give context to these numbers. 6'1 male, 25 years old, currently 240~ trending towards high 230s. Considerable amount of muscle from almost a decade of weight lifting.

So this past year I made a lot of changes, it's complicated how I got into the scenario I was in but I was at least 350 and possibly more as I couldn't even weight myself with scales anymore.

I am now down to ~240 and I probably have another 40-50 pounds to lose of excess fat.

I've been overweight to some degree since early childhood ( ~8 years old ) and I was 250+ for about a year and a half but I have been significantly overweight my entire adult life and life generally. ( I'm 25 right now )

I in no way intended to lose this much weight this quickly and this isn't my first time losing a large amount of weight, although it's never been anywhere near this amount though. I quit drinking/smoking and made major diet changes and increased exercise/weightlifting with the intention to be healthier with weight loss a close second and I just lost tons of weight quickly even eating A LOT of food.

I'm really getting worried about my skin and the elasticity, I'm starting to see the skin loosen up especially on my stomach/love handles and in my armpit/chest area. As I stored a a lot of my weight in those areas and have had stretch marks for a long time in those areas, I knew I would likely have some loose skin. I spoke to a doctor about a year and a half ago when I began to lose this weight, specifically about my possible loose skin and I've followed all of her advice to minimize it and at this point I just have to wait and see what happens basically with my skin; so far not good though.

However, with another 40-50 pounds to lose still and how loose some of this skin is getting I'm starting to get worried I'm going to have some big time loose skin to the level of flaps of skin.

I'm a big guy regardless of weight, I'm 6'1 and I have a lot of muscle mass under the fat. I'm making a point to try to keep as much muscle as possible to help with this skin issue.

I've slowed down my weight loss intentionally and even ate at maintenance for a 2-3 month period to try to give my skin time to catch up to minimize any potential damage.

I'm always very hydrated/taking care of my skin to a T etc, but I'm starting to get discouraged.

Is there anyone out there who has been in my shoes with the skin starting to look/feel pretty bad during the weight loss, and it actually came out decent afterwards?

I don't care about these intense stretch marks or dents that look like rips in my skin ( because they basically are rips ), I just don't want to have loose skin to the point where it's painful/very excessive and hanging.

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

I'm still going to lose the rest of the weight and this isn't wavering my discipline or motivation in any way, but it is very depressing/distressing.

submitted by /u/Lyvstok
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34isxd8

No comments:

Post a Comment