Thursday, August 20, 2020

I feel like I have done everything I can to (healthily) lose weight over the past few months, but to no avail (F, 5’3”, SW: 217lbs, CW: 215lbs, GW:160lbs)

Alright, I know that I have not tried ABSOLUTELY everything, but I feel like if what I am doing now is not enough for me to lose ANY weight, then nothing I do will be enough.

I have been attempting to lose weight on and off for the past three years, but none of the attempts have yielded any results. I thought that my latest (and current) attempt would finally be the one that brought me some results, due to a variety of reasons (better methods of calorie counting, more flexible schedule to incorporate IF, etc). Despite that, I have barely seen any results.

I started at 217 lbs in late May. I have been counting calories using MyFitnessPal, and I weigh and measure out absolutely everything. I also began to drink more water than I usually do (~9 cups daily). My daily caloric intake is around 1200 calories.

I quickly dropped a few pounds (although I suspect that was just water weight), but since then, my weight has been fluctuating between 212 lbs and 215 lbs.

I stuck to only calorie counting and drinking enough water for about a month, but after seeing barely any change on the scale, I decided to start intermittent fasting. I had done IF before (on and off for the past year), and thought that maybe the combination of the three (IF, calorie counting, water) would finally kickstart my weight loss. I have been doing 16:8, eating from 11am to 7pm. A month later, and still nothing.

At that point, I decided that I needed to add something else into the mix since my current routine wasn’t really doing anything but maintaining my weight in that same 3 lb range. I began exercising on my treadmill for about an hour every day. Based on the treadmill calculator that I used, each session has been burning ~600 calories. I still saw no change.

That brings us to now. I feel like I have already tried everything I can to (healthily) lose weight, and if none of these things have worked by themselves, or in conjunction, then what else will it take for me to get down to a healthy weight?

I honestly don’t know what to do. Any advice or critique of my weight loss methods is welcome. If anyone has been in a similar situation and has found a way to shed the pounds, how did you do it?

submitted by /u/doggosborkoutmemes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YhgbOw

No comments:

Post a Comment