Saturday, August 8, 2020

Down 15 lbs & toning up!

Unfortunately I can’t post pictures here yet but I would love to show my result pictures. Anyways- I’ve never been big growing up. But I’ve never been small either. Definitely a medium sized girl. I’ve never been confident in myself or my figure despite knowing I’m not ‘fat’.

I’m 5’4, and in April- about a year after I moved out of my parents house- I was the biggest I’d ever been. Nearly 150lbs. I wasn’t having trouble getting around or feeling joint pain. But my body acne was the worst it’s ever been & I was growing out of my clothes. Not to mention spending SO much money on food every day. I was obsessed with fast food. I felt like I couldn’t eat anything else and was turned off (appetite wise) by anything else. I’m now 135 lbs but I’m almost positive a lot of the weight is now muscle :)

I also felt like crap all the time. My chronic headaches were literally every day even if I had coffee that morning. I would lay around in bed all day because I had no energy and then beat myself up because I got nothing done in my day off. I hated looking in the mirror and I hated dressing up to go out even more. My sex drive was at an all time low because of how unattractive I felt.

I decided I wanted to get back into the groove of working out. A close friend of mine was going to the gym regularly and offered me a lot of advice and support. I appreciate them so much after comparing my photos side by side. It started out with following YouTube videos and going for short runs in my neighborhood. I still wasn’t dieting by this point, but I still felt better and was seeing a difference little by little.

I think it’s been within the last two months that I really started dieting. Once I was restricting calories to 800 a day (this is not safe for everyone but I’ve dealt with an ED since I was in high school and my metabolism was EXTREMELY slow. (PLEASE DO NOT EAT LESS THAN 1,200 CALORIES A DAY w/o speaking to a doctor!) but after I started restricting, I started the see the weight practically melt off. Each day I looked better.

Then I got a gym membership right by my house and started going every day. I started by doing an hour of cardio every day before slowly adding more to my workout routine.

What I eat in a day (roughly, and I try to stick to keto bc u can generally eat more with less calories if u stay away from cheese & butter. I don’t rlly do it to necessarily sustain ketosis) Breakfast: two eggs & a vegetable on the side. A protein shake. Sometimes black coffee with keto friendly sweetener. Lunch: turkey wraps without the wrap. I basically wrap the cheese & lettuce in the turkey itself. Another protein drink. -note: I try to drink the protein drinks in between lunch and dinner bc this has REALLY upped my metabolism. Dinner: a salad with salmon, tuna, chicken or some other kind of protein. Then maybe a keto friendly snack or just a regular snack if my body is craving carbs. If I’ve had a hard workout and I need the extra calories, I’ll sometimes opt for a big burrito from chipotle. I’m bloated a little bit the next day but I fast that morning and go to the gym before eating & the bloating goes away :) -note: I also drink nearly a gallon of water a day :) I throw some lemon slices in there and it keeps it yummy.

I’m down 15lbs in general but probably more in fat. I know I’ve been gaining weight in muscle since I’ve started weight lifting very soon after doing cardio. My metabolism is faster than it’s been in a long time & I can eat a lot of food without feeling achingly full. At the same time, I know for a lot of people, having a slow metabolism is better for weight loss because then they’re forced to eat small portions. However, if you have the will power to eat small portions or to stop eating as soon as you get full, you can ‘binge’ in other areas. Last night I had a $1 hot fudge sundae from McDonald’s (the little one) after my chipotle burrito. I don’t feel guilty about it, and I still look good the next morning.

Please don’t give up. No matter how crappy you feel right now I promise you it gets better. The harder you work the more motivated, and energetic you’ll feel. I’ve also dealt with anxiety, paranoia, insomnia and depression since highschool. Working out regularly has helped so so much. If you have mental health issues, I cannot stress enough to just try being active regularly and try eating healthy for at least a little bit to see if you can tell a difference in your stability/overall mood.

submitted by /u/CatPleasant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33MBavU

No comments:

Post a Comment