Saturday, August 8, 2020

NSV - I got a different point of view, and realized I'm no longer huge.

We've all been there. We lose weight, look in the mirror and despite what the scale says and how the clothes fit, we still see our old fat selves. I am 5'2" and used to be 220 lbs. I am currently in upper 150s, and while I can see some changes in the mirror, I still feel like I look like that obese woman I used to be. I still have no perspective of what I look like compared to other people of a similar size. This has been made even worse by being home since march and not seeing anyone else.

Last week I installed some new security cameras around my house and while looking through the captured footage, I was struck still. I almost didn't recognize the person they captured walking around my property. That woman wasn't huge. She was actually pretty average sized. She moved around as if she is comfortable in her skin. I mean... http://imgur.com/a/yc4jP2J

This was such a HUGE revelation for me. While I knew all this intellectually based on data, it took seeing myself from a completely different point of view that I'm not used to seeing myself from for the weight loss to sink in. Now when I look in the mirror I don't see 220 lb me any more, I see the woman who was effortlessly hauling the very full yardwaste barrel across the yard on trash day. And she is so much skinnier than the old me. I still have a ways to go, but I'm just about 20 lbs from a normal BMI and I am finally starting to feel like it is possible to get to a weight where Im not just healthy but where I actually look good.

submitted by /u/PasgettiMonster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33GOYrN

No comments:

Post a Comment