Sunday, August 9, 2020

Exercised for the first time in years today

This might be long, but I hope y'all hear me out.

So I'm 156cm, 84kgs and have been considering to start exercising these last few months. I've joined so many subreddits about weight loss and fitness, have tried to think about how to fix my diet, and all that fits in between. However, I still haven't started anything. I was (and still am) just putting it off.

I've been off in the mental health department for years and would hate it when people would tell me to exercise to just feel better. I did try in the past and just got impatient, because it didn't improve my mood, nor did I lose enough weight to feel proud of it, so I stopped altogether.

I've also been having sleep problems where I'd either stay up for a whole day or sleep for a whole day. It's been hard, especially now that I'm grieving over the passing of a beloved pet three days ago. Yesterday felt like a sleep for a whole day kind of day because I really felt sad. I took my meds at 3AM and slept until 2AM today.

So today, after staying in bed for about 2 hours, I decided to exercise. I don't know what the driving force was, or why I did it, but I did. It's almost 6AM now, I'm currently sprawled across the floor waiting to cool down so I can shower, and all I can think of is that I really hope I can stick to this. It may have been sudden to start exercising out of the blue, but I hope I can sustain this enough to reach my GW. Whenever I would feel down and out of motivation, I'd remind myself to go back to this post so I can remember why I started.

That's all. I guess I just really wanted someone to hear me out about it. Thank you for reading and have a nice day (:

submitted by /u/jazzychizzle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kxo6AS

No comments:

Post a Comment