Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Fat Soldier

I know what you are thinking. There is no way a soldier can be fat with what they do. I am the testimony of the fat Soldier. I joined the Army in 2018 as an infantryman. I wanted to serve and protect the country. I showed up to my unit fit and ready for action. I was a paratrooper ready to jump out of high performance aircraft and slay bodies. On one of our training exercises I jumped out and long story short I shattered my left femur in 3 directions. This required a very invasive surgery and 9 pins, partial hip replacement and a metal rod stretching from my hip to my knee. Effectively ending my career as a soldier. I was never seen the same again. I quickly fell into a deep dark depression. Over the course of the next year I was unable to walk without crutches or a cane and turned to food and beer to down my sorrows. With nobody really caring about me I managed to balloon from a fit 215 lbs to a very chunky 310lbs. I had to purchase larger uniforms 3 different times. Nothing changed until we got a new First Sergeant who actually cared enough to talk to me and find out what happened and why I allowed myself to gain so much weight. After a very well deserved wake up call from him I went into weight loss mode looking for a lifestyle change. With such a severe injury I had to focus 110% on my diet. Keto was my solution. I cut all carbs and focused on my fat intake. Because of my size my TDE even being sedentary was still around 3000 Cals. So I cut down to 2000 Cal with the only carbs I ate being leafy vegetables. Here I am talking to you 8 month later down to 240lbs. This has been the hardest most eye opening experience of my life. I have lurked this page the entire time I've been losing and I still have more to go, but I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for helping me through the rough times and as I lose this last 20lbs I know that I can count on this sub to keep me going!

TL;DR: was injured ballooned up to 310 and through keto and r/loseit dropped down to 240 20lbs from my goal weight.

submitted by /u/nightmare220
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39XVKuF

No comments:

Post a Comment