Thursday, August 20, 2020

For me, water retention is the most stressful things about weight loss

I'm 6'1"/185cm. That's at the tall end of average. I also have a long torso, compared to my legs - not huge but I have to add 2"/5cm vertically onto the very few things I've had properly measured. I'm also fairly broad and have quite a large torso generally... it runs in the family. We've all got thighs like tree trunks (not complaining about that one) and giant monster rib cages. I don't like the phrase "big boned", but even my petite, fit, slender cousin who was once mistaken for Barbie (such is her resplendent beauty and the pink hair probably helped) is a little barrel chested.

Basically, I've got a lot of body to store water in, not to mention that I'm overweight.

I've been plateau-ing hard for the last two weeks after dropping about 20?lbs/9kg. I was feeling all good about myself for it, until I weighed in yesterday... I'd put on 2kg.

This morning, I have lost them again. I lost four pounds, or two kilos, or a large bottle of coke overnight. I mean I'm back at the plateau weight, but at least I haven't gained anything. I still feel a bit bloated, so hopefully something else will shift at some point. It makes tracking my weight very difficult because I either have to take an average of about three days or try to replicate my dietary and exercise conditions perfectly once a week so that the next day things are reasonably predictable.

My clinically underweight mother who is trying to put on weight after a long period of ill health just suddenly lost four pounds. It was water weight (but she's doing much better now), so this isn't something that only impacts fat people. Sometimes your genetic makeup just makes you really, really good at storing water.

So, folks, if you notice a sudden, unexplained weight gain, it's probably just water retention and it sucks.

submitted by /u/Gulbasaur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34iYli2

No comments:

Post a Comment