Monday, August 17, 2020

I can't seem to lose weight anymore

Four-ish years ago, I clocked in at 169, just below obese for my height, so I got serious about weight loss. I started with walking and calorie counting. I wanted to be slow but steady so I made small changes. Over the course of a couple years, I got down to 135.

But I plateaued hard. For two years. No matter what I did I couldn't get below 130. I eat well, and I was going to the gym 3-5 times a week.

I gained ten pounds last winter, then quarantine hit. I'm stuck at 148. No matter what I do I can't make the scale budge.

I have a 1200 day streak on MyFitnessPal, and I use a food scale, so I've been accurately tracking my intake for a long time.

My BMR is somewhere between 1350-1400 calories, but I've been aiming for 1200-1400 calories for weight loss, and I rarely exceed 1400. I exercise less than before (no gym), but I try to get an hour of brisk walking every day. I've probably eaten 1800+ calories ten to twenty times per year, which is supposed to be below my maintenance calories, so it's not a bingeing problem.

I've been trying to incorporate more strength-training to my regimen. I had a blood test last year, and there was nothing obviously wrong. Thyroid is fine. Water has been my favorite drink all my life. I drink my coffee black and rarely drink alcohol.

I don't know what else I can do. If you guys have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

submitted by /u/GrandMoffAtreides
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iQaK0C

No comments:

Post a Comment