Sunday, August 16, 2020

I finally started to lose weight consistently!

About 6 months ago I decided to get really serious about losing the weight. I started at about 170 pounds at 5'6" and I'm down to 160 in 4 weeks! When I first started seriously trying I quickly realized how much I underestimated the struggle. It's really, genuinely hard to count your calories, and exercise regularly when all of your normal hobbies are sedentary, and actually be able to stick to it. I quickly learned that being strict about it wasn't for me. I was putting too much pressure on myself which really affected my depression, which really affected my binge-eating, which really affected my weight loss!

I quickly lost motivation, and I gave up for a few months, and then I got to go back to my old job, but this time I was taking on the assistant manager role. I didn't realize how much my mental health was affecting my weight loss and vice versa. I wasn't putting pressure on myself to lose weight, until I decided to check the scale at the end of my second week back and I had lost 6 pounds! I realized that I wasn't able to eat out of boredom because I wasn't home as often, and my job is extremely active so I was getting my exercise back! On my payday I decided to get some pre-workout so I could try and keep up with the sudden lifestyle change, and it helped put everything back into place.

I've already noticed that the pants I bought 2 months ago are getting loose, my love handles are leaving, my thighs aren't as jiggly, and my ankles seem oddly slimmer. I have a newfound motivation, and the reassurance that it's possible is slowly driving out the urge to binge. I've been having smoothies with protein powder for breakfast, and I've gone back to just snacking on healthy alternatives throughout the day until I can have dinner, which was my diet when I was at my healthiest weight. Hopefully, as I lose more weight and get more discipline I can focus on toning and reinforcing healthy eating habits, but for now I'm taking it one day at a time!

submitted by /u/justanotherlickdick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gWZlM5

No comments:

Post a Comment