Sunday, August 16, 2020

Preventing gaining it all back!!!

So - the data says that most people who lose weight gain it all back - and some more - in several years.

Here’s my data and plan:

I went from 216 to 180 in 2000-2003, but was back at 200ish or so soon, went down again to 196 in 2008 when I ran 3x/week and biked a lot - but two kids later (and I’m a dad) and some injuries later - I’m sitting at 230 today. (Lost 5 lbs since the beginning of the month).

(Also at 230lbs since I started powerlifting - and those guys are all about gainzz - drank a lot of whole milk - I didn’t get the memo that the program was for 17yr olds who needed to go from 140lbs to 200lbs for football). :-(

In any case - since the data says most people regain - I figured I should do something about that first rather than forcing myself to lose a lot of weight.

Since I’m sort of on the CICO camp - here’s my plan:

Look at maintenance calories at my goal weight. Those are about 2200 or so.

My current maintenance calories are 2700.

So then I figured I should have a glide path where I’m close to 2200 or more calories always.

This puts me at 2.5-3 years to go from 230 to 160ish. I’m hoping that three years of 2200 calories will give the body time to adjust. In fact - I’m starting with a 500cal a day deficit, but will taper it down to just a 100calorie a day deficit in year three. Talk about slow weight loss then!

Thoughts? Comments? The key here is that I built the plan with the person I was going to be in mind, to help that person maintain weight - since that is even more challenging - and if not taken care of - makes the weight loss journey moot.

submitted by /u/Fair_Silver1976
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y5s4XH

No comments:

Post a Comment