Saturday, August 22, 2020

I saw myself on TV and it was bad

I did a TV interview this morning. I just watched it and my god. It's so embarrassing to see myself looking like this. I knew my weight was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Three years ago I was 170 lbs, which puts me in the overweight category. Over the course of 6 months, I got down to 140 lbs following CICO with help from this sub and my tracking app.

Then two years ago I quit smoking. I succeeded in quitting, but at the expense of my weight loss. Not only did I regain everything, I got an extra 50 lbs just for luck. Now I'm 220 lbs, which is firmly in the obese category.

Watching the interview this morning is eye-opening. I don't look like me. I look like the person who ate me. What makes it worse, is that the interview is about my company, which is a sports store! I'm an obese person standing there talking to the country about hiking and running gear. I'm embarrassed on so many levels. An embarrassment elevator, if you will.

Three days ago I had to take press photos for the same campaign. They were bad. I knew it was time. I've started logging again. I've updated my flair on this sub. I'm no longer avoiding the issue. I weighed myself. I looked at myself in the mirror properly for the first time in two years.

I wish there was a quick fix. I wish I could make this all go away now. But really I know it's going to take the same amount of time to lose it as it took me to gain it. At least this time, I'll have good "before" photos! 😫

submitted by /u/flagondry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3glJzJt

No comments:

Post a Comment