Saturday, August 8, 2020

Is it possible to lose weight efficiently without counting calories?

I’ve learned over my many attempts to lose weight that if I focus on the scale and calorie counting, I fall off the wagon very easily. I think I get way too focused on it which leads me to treat weight loss as a short term solution instead of a lifestyle change. I’m not someone who enjoys tracking numbers, I find it very tedious. I know I wouldn’t be able to track calories for the rest of my life.

I’ve noticed that it’s much easier for me to make changes to my diet and stick to it if I just make healthier choices like portion control, eating more veggies and fruit, less fast food, and being more active. Obviously I’m doing CICO without actually tracking the numbers. I also avoid the scale like the plague and weigh myself once a month.

I see posts all the time about how calorie counting is the best way to lose weight, which I understand because you need CICO. Could this end up biting me in the butt or can I actually be successful in the long term?

submitted by /u/bluecatlady
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fGOTXq

No comments:

Post a Comment