Monday, August 24, 2020

I've lost 20lbs! Here's how I did it

20F | 5'9" | SW 229(ish)lbs | CW 206lbs | GW 150lbs

Hi everyone!

Since I've lost about 20 pounds now, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on what helped me get to this point.

All my life I felt like my weight was something I could not control, and it would just skyrocket upwards at every doctor's visit or school health check. But now, I feel like I'm some sort of supernatural being because for the first time in my life, I'm consistently losing weight! Read on to see how I'm doing it :)

First, I had to take a serious look at my eating habits. What exactly was I doing wrong? I had had several unsuccessful weight loss attempts before, where I would at most lose a couple of pounds before giving up because it was "too hard". It was also very disheartening to go on the scale and see the same number as the week before even though I thought I had been doing so well.

This time around, I was honest with myself and correctly identified my biggest problem. Distracted eating. I was to the point that I could not start eating without having some tv show lined up that I could watch while I ate. And once I started watching said tv show, I would go ahead and get another plate of food. And then some ice cream. And then maybe a cookie. And another cookie. You see where this is going.

Once I realized this was my problem, I started eating my meals at the kitchen table with no distractions. No phone, no iPad, no magazines. I had to work hard to understand that eating and watching videos were two separate things.

Now I get to actually enjoy my food instead of scarfing it down in a matter of mere minutes.

I eat about 1750 calories a day, sometimes less if I'm not that hungry and sometimes more if I'm really active that day. And yes, I still have the occasional movie night snack while I sit on the couch. I'm not a robot lmao

I eat pretty much the same foods as I did before, just in different quantities. The 80/20 method of proper food versus sweet treats works pretty well for me. I've also just learned to really listen to my body and it helps that now I actually feel my hunger cues, instead of craving a Netflix + food binge (and mistaking that craving for actual hunger). And let me tell you, eating is way more satisfying when you're actually hungry!! Who knew?!

Now I'm not saying everyone needs to do what I do, by any means, but I am urging you to take a good look at your habits and identify your specific problem areas. This was key for me, and I know this because I have never, ever lost 20 pounds before.

submitted by /u/theoppositename
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aQh2KU

No comments:

Post a Comment