Friday, August 14, 2020

Long-term weight maintenance requires effort

Between 2018-2019 I went from 175 lbs to 145 lbs. It wasn't my goal weight but I deserved a break from calorie counting and dieting. I ate whatever I wanted thinking I could be mindful. In the last year I ended up gaining 5+ lbs and once I realized, lost them. I'm now 145 and trying again to hit my goal weight of 130. A few weeks ago when starting, I was finding it hard to cut calories before I realized that I needed to be eating way more veggies and fruits to stay full. Clearly I had forgotten all of my weight loss tips and therefore healthy eating as well. I've been finding it hard to stay at 1500 and instead eating about 1800 a week. However I've realized that it's okay. I'd rather take a few years to lose this weight and continue eating healthy and staying trim the rest of my life than yo-yo dieting forever. Everyone's journey is different and I'm at a healthy weight which is why I don't feel a sense of urgency. Even after I hit my goal weight and stop counting calories, I will continue to eat tons of fruits and veggies and be mindful of what I'm eating forever. That's how people stay trim and healthy without dieting.

TLDR: successful weight loss will not last unless you continue mindful healthy eating habits

submitted by /u/PlasticJury
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3an4DOz

No comments:

Post a Comment