Saturday, August 22, 2020

Looking for an accountability partner

Hi /r/loseit community!

I've been a long-time lurker of this sub and I see a lot of people who really care about seeing that others succeed in their weight loss/lifestyle journey. I've always faced difficulty with weight loss. I've been a yo-yo dieter, I've begun new exercise routines and then quit a few weeks into it. Even though I've had ST successes, the LT direction has always been weight gain for me. I'd always become upset with myself because I know that I'm an excellent planner and goal setter. But when it comes to actually following that plan through, I give up too easily on myself. Through reflection, I've come to realize that in many areas of my life I do have self-discipline and self-control when it comes to my goals: career, schoolwork, friends. But when it comes to sticking with a weight loss plan, I need to be held accountable by someone else, because I lack the self-discipline to see it through.

I'm ready to restart a more LT weight loss journey in the beginning of September. I'm setting a manageable goal from Sept 1- Jan 1 to enter "onederland" (199 lbs.) I'm wondering if anyone is starting a new weight-loss plan (or even currently pursuing one) and is interested in becoming accountability partners? If anyone also knows a place where I could meet potential accountability partners (another subreddit or website) I would really appreciate it.

I know I could always come to this subreddit for support, but as I said before, I've never had that person in my life who would check in on me every day/other day and say, "Hey, User478453, did you complete your exercise plan today? Why not? Let's get on it!" That's the kind of motivation that I'm sure will help get me where I want to go.

Thanks and hope everyone is hanging in there today!

submitted by /u/User478453
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hp0lc3

No comments:

Post a Comment