Friday, August 7, 2020

Not an achievement about my weight but an achievement about my mental state! (15F, 5'7, CW:176lbs)

I started attempting to lose weight a few months ago when lockdown in England started, it started really bad at first with me knowing literally nothing about losing weight and the fact that I was too scared to tell my parents didn't help at all. Eventually, blah blah blah, my parents found out, I became more educated and I actually started losing the weight. However, I'm not proud of myself rn for achieving a weight loss goal but because today I went shopping with my mum for the first time in a while of avoiding sugary, fat-filled junk foods. Usually, whenever I go shopping I always (and I mean **ALWAYS**) look in the chocolate, pastry, and sweets aisles and I always end up begging for the food and my parents would give in to me or I'd get really hungry and start thinking about all the junk food I could eat and how amazing life would be if I could eat all of it. However, this time I managed to walk straight past all my usual trigger foods (and those fake, sugar-filled "protein" bars that I always get tricked into eating). I managed to walk straight past them and picked up healthy foods that I never would have spared a glance too. But, I admit that when I got to the cakes and pastries aisle I did have a bit of a mental freak out because it was giving me that mouth-watering feeling and start making me crave foods that I'd done quite well at ignoring. But, I just ended up turning my back to it and just stared at toilet rolls and kitchen paper for like 5 mins to calm myself down and to stop thinking about it. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for (almost) completely ignoring all of my trigger foods and for picking up the foods I should be eating like fruits, nuts, wholewheat, vegetables, etc.

submitted by /u/0RAYE0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ESYXjs

No comments:

Post a Comment