Sunday, August 2, 2020

Psych medications and weight loss

I've always heard that it's hard to lose weight on psych medications.

I know they can increase your appetite, so you eat and then gain the weight and if feels like the medications did it to you. I too thought this. But I'm realizing that the most that it did is mess with my hunger cues. Like I am/was hungry all the time. And when I felt hungry, I ate. I ate myself up to 241.

Last month, coinciding with the loseit challenge, I decided to take my weight (and health) into my own hands.

I've been trying to relearn my hunger cues and having to physically tell myself that I don't need to eat all the time. That I just want to. And I started to lose some of the pounds. I got down to 237. So it was possible to lose. Lat Friday I started to track calories an rally up my activity (with some mild walks 4-5 times a week)

And the weight is melting off. I'm down 10 lbs from my weight of 241, 231 as of this morning. I know some of that is water weight. And I'm fine with that. But I know some of that is fat. And each little tick mark down is a step in the right direction.

I just wanted to share this with someone.

submitted by /u/tealswirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i30ku6

No comments:

Post a Comment