Monday, August 17, 2020

[SV] Weighed myself for the first time today after 2 months

2 months ago I started my weight loss journey after seeing "140kg" on the scale, 15kg more than the heaviest I'd ever weighed in as before. This number came as such a shock to me that frankly, I wanted to not look at the scale at all for a while, otherwise it would just crush my spirit seeing my weight go down "too slowly".

So I did just that, and in the past 2 months I earnestly committed to my daily 1600kcal goal, exercised on the weekends by going on bike tours and didn't weigh myself once, knowing that there was no way I wasn't losing weight to some extent.

Today I weighed myself for the first time since then - and I arrived at 129kg!! That's 11kg down already!! It also puts my BMI 1kg away from moving from "Obese Type II" to "Obese Type I". The push in motivation you get from such a big, sudden decrease on the scale is incredible!

So if you feel like weighing yourself too often has negative effects on your motivation, but you know that you're in a big enough deficit to lose weight, maybe just step off the scale for a while and reap bigger benefits later on!

submitted by /u/2InATrenchcoat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EcBbOZ

No comments:

Post a Comment