Saturday, August 22, 2020

Talking to my mom about losing weight for health reasons - should I do it?

I hope me posting this here does not go against forum rules - please tell me if I am in the wrong sub!

I have been on a weight loss journey for almost 3 years now and lost about 30 kg so far. In that process I have realised that a lot of my eating habits are very emotion-based and/or leading back to my childhood. I am now in a much better place and can not imagine going back to my old habits. Now my problem is: My mom has about the same body type as me, but is approximately as heavy as I was at my highest weight, if not heavier. I can see a lot of the unhealthy eating habits that I used to have in her behavior and at this point me and my sister are worried about her health. Looking back, I realise how much I would have wanted someone close to me to talk to me about my weight in a non-judgmental way and support me on my journey. I have been thinking about doing the same for my mom, because I love and care about her. I thought about sitting her down in a calm setting with enough time and talk to her about her eating habits and what she could possibly change to be healthier (like the things I had to change). I want to emphasize that I am aware that she is an adult who makes her own choices, but I care about her and want her to be healthier/avoid any health problems related to weight. I just want her to feel a similar way as me, which I didn’t think was possible 3 years ago (for example not being out of breath all the time or sweating less in the heat). Do you think this is a good idea and/or do you have any advice on how to do this? I would be very grateful about helpful tips and/or suggestions. Thank you!

submitted by /u/xwideopenspaces
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32lZnHs

No comments:

Post a Comment