Saturday, August 1, 2020

Tracking calories is so important 6’0 female 280 pounds

Long post I’m sorry.

Long time reader first time poster. I found this group from watching Luke Narwhal’s YouTube videos. I have been on and off a weight loss journey since 2016. I always had MFP and knew about calories in and calories out. But when tracking I wasn’t completely honest with myself. If I had a cookie, or maybe a grabbed a candy bar while checking out at Walmart, I didn’t track it. 140 calories couldn’t make that much of a difference. Well when it’s 140 a few times a day every day. Then yeah it’s going to make a difference. Because of the pandemic my (rarely used) gym closed and while working from home I just got cabin fever. So I started walking. My city has this trail around it that you can walk, run, bike. I like it because a good portion of it is shaded with trees and overall very scenic. So I started walking and I would do that for around 45 minutes to an hour on weekends. Then in moved to 3 days and week and then up to 5 sometimes 6. I was active but still not losing weight. So I looked at my eating habits. I had it in my mind because I walked today I could eat more. While technically true I was already eating enough to compensate for the calories burned. Then I started watching Luke Narwal’s, Every Damn Day Fitness, Jordan Shrinks, videos again. (I tend to avoid these when I’m being vastly unhealthy) and I found the video “Habits of Skinny people.” And I took a lot of those habits to heart. Specifically eating until I’m not hungry rather than I’m full and it’s changing me. I weigh out all my food and rarely ever estimate. If I have something out of what I have planned to eat today I’ll log it anyway. But the one thing I’ve noticed is even when I have food in front of me that is well within my calories I still can’t eat it in one sitting. Or a small portion will fill me up. For lunch I have a pack of the lemon pepper flavored tuna and 11 crackers total meal is 265 calories once I’m finished I’m full. Instead of the sugar filled iced coffee from Starbucks I started drinking 12 ounces the “Not Too Sweet” Stok black iced coffee every morning for breakfast (60 calories). I can see changes. I put 280 as my starting weight because I didn’t have a scale for the first could of weeks but I know I have lost at least a couple. Even so I still walk between 2 to 4 times a week and I just bought a yoga mat so I can do a quick workout with DDPY on the days after work I don’t feel like committing an hour or just want to stay inside. Can’t wait to share more progress with you! Thanks for the inspiration.

submitted by /u/Halie_Elizabeth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31n0vtV

No comments:

Post a Comment