Friday, October 30, 2020

Different experiences with (unhealthy) diets and workouts

Hellow fellow redditor or anyone who is reading this, I would like to talk about my experiences with weight loss in this post.16F, 160 cm/5'3 SW: 100 kg/220 lbs, CW: 65 kg/143 lbs, GW: ~58 kg/ ~ 128 lbs. I have started my weightloss way back in March 2019 with my highest weight of 100 kg. I've lost around 23 kg by being on a diet, which I absolutely hated, but in total took me 2,5 months. The diet originally consisted of eating cooked buckwheat 5 times a day with some dash of salad. I could barely eat it once a day and replaced 2 portions with some instant soup(or other low calorie alternatives). So at that point I was weighting around 77 kg and I stopped my diet till end of July 2020(I tried going back to the buckwheat diet beforehand, but I was unsuccessful). I was around 82 kg when I started dieting again. This time I would eat about 600-800 calories a day, if I was not exercising. I basically ate just whatever if it wouldn't go over the calorie limit I would have set for that day. It was going along just fine, but I thought it was going to slow, so I decided to bring in exercising. I've tried many workouts before, but the best of them all was and the one that I still use till this day is Chloe Ting's 2 week shred challenge(maybe some of you have heard of it before). In the end I would see results faster than me losing a bunch of weight, even if my weight wasn't going down as quickly. But I really do not recommend my approach at basically starving myself, since a healthy diet should atleast be around 1200 calories.Mainly because it has brought many side effects: hairloss, being tired all the time, bad breath and at some point it almost came to a blackout. (Just do not try it longterm. It is better losing the weight slow than fast, because your body needs to get used to a lighter weight and it won't get it on so fast if you'll end up eating) Setting unrealistic weight loss goals were not helping either (give your body the time it needs). Also even if you are the same weight and height as someone else, your body can look totally different than the other person's, which leads me to my actual, first GW of 49 kg/109 lbs. I realized I do not need to be near that number because I would be skin and bones at that point, because of my bones themselves/or general proportions (I'm not saying that someone else would look bad at that weight, it's just what I think about weight fitting my body in general). BMI can differ from body to body and it may not apply to someone with a different body complexion, but in most cases you should aim to be somewhere around the normal weight range. RN I'm still trying to lose weight, but not limiting myself too much, since it would harm me even more in the long run. TL;DR: I hopefully could prove to the reader, that you shouldn't starve yourself/shouldn't eat what you hate and taking it slow in any changes with your body.

submitted by /u/ikorinqwq
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TFEfYw

No comments:

Post a Comment