Wednesday, October 28, 2020

My number 1 motivational tip to fight cravings and binge eating

I have been struggling with weight loss for a couple of years now. I start all my days great, even lunch works out most of the times, but when dinner time arrives, I can’t resist the cravings for fast food, large portions, huge piles of pasta, comfort food while watching a movie, etc. I feel horrible after I indulge. Every. Single. Time.

Now I’ve lost over 20 kg (44 lbs) since the first lockdown in April. And I couldn’t be happier about it.

Of course, there are many elements to my weight loss journey, but the motivational trigger that helped me best is the following: every single time I was thinking about overeating and to binge, I forced myself to think: “How long will this bring me joy?” I finish a meal in let’s say 20 to 40 min max. After that, I’d feel immediately guilty and bad for breaking my weight loss routine and healthy eating habits. With this thought, I force myself to grab a healthier meal and after I’ve finished that one and the hunger is gone, I feel blessed for being able to resist the temptation.

You could even time yourself while eating a treat meal. You could then look at the result of that timer when you feel like you’re struggling to fight an urge to overeat. “Is this worth it? Should I really order pizza, knowing this “joy” will be over in under 30 minutes..? Nah, let’s go for this salad that’ll make me so proud in the morning when I weigh in!”

It might sound silly but it’s a neat little trick that worked great for me.

submitted by /u/forcoolstuffD
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37PmSg5

No comments:

Post a Comment