Saturday, October 31, 2020

It's like getting a new body

I've been overweight to obese the majority of my life. Been trying the last ten years on and off to lose the weight and get healthy.

Finally, for the first time, I'm seeing real successes that are sticking. Same methodology I've used before; CICO (1200-1300 daily intake) and IF (16:8). Except with the pandemic and isolation I've had the time and space to work on my mental health which has been MAJOR. I'm just 5lb shy of my goal, I've never been this close before!!

Anyways, to my story. Been seeing a new rehab RMT for some life-long physiological problems, no biggie. But I frequently go home to find lovely bruises arching across my bad and hips. Going every week so lately I'm just generally sore like I've been beat up every day.

Last night a spot on my back, on the ribs under my scapula, was hurting like it was bruised. I was in bed lying on my side, and I reached to my back to rub the sore spot when... I could feel my ribs. Except I could really feel my ribs, way more then ever before. And one in particular felt bigger than the others? I was starting to wonder if my new RMT, who's a very big and strong man, maybe moved a rib or something? But that doesn't sound right, do ribs move? It didn't hurt when I breathed in so nothing was broken. All these thoughts went through my head as I got out of bed and went to the tall mirror to check it out.

Turns out I'm fine, I'm just a dummy forgetting that I'm not used to having lost this much weight before. I've never felt my bones, not really. They all have distinct shapes, curves, arches, edges, that you can't feel when there's however many inches of fat in the way. I'm not even remotely skinny or underweight (135lbs, 5'5"), so I'm not worried about that.

It really is transformative!? Like a new body, I'm discovering all sorts of neat things I never imagined I'd experience with weight loss. So I guess ribs feel different in an unexpected way when you're a healthy weight, who knew?

submitted by /u/Error_kimchi_berries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38cNuYX

No comments:

Post a Comment