Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A sudden realization: I’ve already succeeded and I’m not even at goal weight

I’m walking home from work yesterday and I see two thin people walking ahead of me. My first thought is, “one day, I will eat like them.” And then I stopped and realized I ALREADY DO. (Shock! Gasp! Wow!)

I have 214 consecutive days under my belt of logging what I eat, and because I’m logging, I’ve been consistently losing or maintaining my weight. For seven months. And THAT’S WHAT THEY DO! Thin people consistently eat an amount that maintains their weight. And guess what, I do it too!!!

This was such a joyous realization. The real goal has been to sustain the weight loss, not just to lose the weight, and I’m already sustaining it! SUCCESS!!

This also makes me feel better about the fact that I’m usually losing about half a pound or less per week. It feels s l o w. But I’m also eating how I want to continue eating (everything in moderation) so weight loss feels pretty damn sustainable.

Cheers to this sub for sharing all the joys, sorrows, inspiration, and motivation. It makes all the difference in the world.

submitted by /u/n3156tango
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HzgBL5

No comments:

Post a Comment