Sunday, October 25, 2020

Help Gaining Intrinsic Motivation

Hi everyone,

**possible TW disordered eating, self image issues

I’m a long time lurker and I’m hoping to reach out to this incredible community. I’m closing in on 200pounds, and I’m 5’2”

The first time I thought I was fat was in 1st grade. I was healthy and exactly the right size, but I was bigger than my friend. The next clear memory I have is in 4th grade at a pool party. The first time I lied about my weight was in 6th grade. I’m a stress eater, a night snacker, a foodie, and my love language is cooking meals. I don’t have an ED, I just have an issue with eating correctly... if that makes sense? I’ve done my best weight loss using Weight Watchers, but I’ve found that after two or three months I slowly stop and slide out of those habits.

I know the “secret” to weight loss: eat healthier foods in reasonable portions and build in some exercise so that your calorie intake is made of the good stuff and you are in a calorie deficit.

I understand that bit, but I can’t do it. I can, for a few months, but then I slide. And slide. And slide. And I’m now the heaviest, and most unhappy, I’ve ever been. So I’m not building habits, I’m dieting.

How did you work on your relationship with food? How did you build that “I want to eat healthy and workout” mentality? How do I get to that mindset? What tools have helped you on that path? Where did you start?

I don’t want to just get skinny, I want to fix my brain along the way. I know the obvious answer is therapy but at this stage of the game, I cannot afford it.

I’m sorry if this is all over the place, I’m struggling and I don’t talk about it with anyone, so I’m not sure what information is relevant or if anything could help someone help me.

Thank you, if you’ve read this far, and for any feedback you can provide.

submitted by /u/thefoxandthepound
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35yUvA1

No comments:

Post a Comment