Tuesday, October 27, 2020

This is the bad place (if you get the reference)

I really was waiting to post a happy update here because lately all I do is post negative things. But there was some good stuff in the last two months. On Oct 10th i weighed in at 146 which was awesome coming from 152 two weeks prior.. which made me feel awesome ! Then I made a side by side comparison of my face before I started my weight loss journey last may and then most recent pic . Really showed a difference. And then today (Oct 27th) I'm back to 151. Basically the past month or so truly meant nothing. Im back to square one.

I've been doing HIIT 3-4× week and biking hikingand strength training when im not doing HIIT. counting calories. Eating very basic meals. Salmon, veggies and quinoa. Spagetti squash. No snacks. Things were good. I felt confident and good about myself for the first time in ages. Was keeping weight off. I even stopped weighing myself so much which was for me an amazing achievement.

Then I felt like I deserved a cheat meal. Went out with friends. Had some snacks during the week (nothing crazy, healthy stuff like Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts and shit) and here i fucking am. Honestly it feels like im on the show the good place and this is my torture.

What I have come to think is..is it worth it? Should I continue on this weight loss journey where my only success comes from being extremely restricted ? Honestly its fine for a bit but it doesn't truly feel sustainable. I am fine with exercise but I don't think a restrictive diet is sustainable . I will always want to go out with friends. And once I start down that path of not being 100% restrictive I will gain weight back as is shown now. So then the restrictive eating truly serves no purpose. Should I give up now , accept that I'm a little chunky and didn't meet my goal weight and just live my life ? I'm not throwing a pity party im really trying to gauge if continuing is worth the effort...

submitted by /u/youreabitweird
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37HdWtn

No comments:

Post a Comment