Monday, October 26, 2020

Down 40 pounds today! Don't forget to go easy on yourself sometimes.

Hi loseit fam!

I posted a few days ago about being burnt out on weight loss and how I was binging too much. I had been trying to eat 1450 a day (I'm a tall woman at 5'10) and avoid "unhealthy" foods. I was also running 5 days a week and constantly looking at weight loss stuff online. I was so sick of everything and found myself becoming miserable and exhausted. I got some great advice to make things easier on myself and upped my calories from 1450 to 1600. I also took a few days off from running and allowed myself to stay in bed and watch Netflix. Lo and behold I found my urge to binge dwindling. It just made me realize how hard on myself I am and how that ultimately leads to self sabotage. By chilling out I made it to 168.5, which means I have lost 40 pounds from my initial weight and 48 pounds from my high weight in April!

It just shows that perfectionism and beating yourself up is not the answer. It's kind of a mind fuck because I always felt that weight loss had to be difficult and I had to suffer through it. However I am starting to learn it can be way easier and I don't have to be miserable! This week on my grocery shopping trip I bought snacks for the first time in a while, and also ingredients for meals I actually like instead of perfectly healthy concoctions that I had to force myself to eat. I am looking forward to my menu for the week and I am losing weight! This journey has been a learning experience for sure. Keep on keeping on everyone!

submitted by /u/raerae431
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G0xDkh

No comments:

Post a Comment