Thursday, October 29, 2020

Why I don't completely regret gaining back 20 lbs of the 30 lbs I lost

IMPORTANT: I DO NOT ADVOCATE GAINING BACK WEIGHT YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST

Hey everyone! So for some background I am an 18 year old male. I am 6 foot 3 inches and I currently weigh just under 260 lbs and when I started my weight loss journey back in March I was 273 lbs. I lost around 30 lbs before I started struggling mentally and gave up on eating better for a month or so. Yep, a month is all it took to gain 2/3 of the weight back that I spent multiple months losing.

See, I would normally be distraught over this, but this gaining back of weight has taught me a lot. I am someone who believe everything happens for a reason, and I feel like this is no different. I started this journey after my high school shut down because of COVID (I have since graduated and now attend my dream college). I had just started losing weight because there was nothing fun to eat around the house and I couldn't go out and get food. Over the course of losing weight I never really noticed a difference in how I felt. I thought I had more energy and felt lighter but I wasn't sure.

Gaining back this weight has illustrated I was 100% right. I felt SO much lighter and had WAY more energy. I was never really tired, I felt great, I was more responsible and overall happier. Currently, I feel like garbage physically and I really don't enjoy it. So, some words of warning for those of you on the right path now: If you start slacking, you will regret it, and you will feel 100x worse than you do now, I promise. Keep going, you got this.

In addition to this, I kind of had a breakthrough moment. Even though I am 13 or so pounds lighter than I was, I realized I am fat. People always say "no, you're not fat, your just chubby" or "you're just big-boned!" I now absolutely hate when people say that. I am fat, and I own that now. I am more self-conscious, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you have a reason to be self-conscious (like being fat and unhealthy), you should probably be self-conscious for your own good. This was kind of an unexpected discovery for me but I am glad I discovered it.

Lastly, I found out: WEIGHT LOSS IS POSSIBLE! I thought it would be so hard to lose weight, but through CICO I had very little difficulty. I found I enjoyed it a lot and I am happy to be back on the right path.

So, where am I now? I am a fat college student with more motivation than ever to improve. I now know it is possible and that it really isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. I also realized how much weight I want to lose and now I am the one pushing for weight loss, it isn't just happening because of quarantine. Lastly, I am working on building muscle while losing weight, and so far it has been a lot of fun.

KEEP AT IT PEOPLE! THE TEMPORARY TASTE OF UNHEALTHY FOOD IS NOT WORTH THE GRIND TO LOSE THE SAME WEIGHT ALL OVER AGAIN! YOU GOT THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

submitted by /u/EnthusiastofAll
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TI2ftX

No comments:

Post a Comment