Tuesday, October 27, 2020

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Hello everyone, I’m going to explain my weight loss struggle in the hopes that someone can suggest (obviously not diagnose) where I could be going wrong. I’m so discouraged and feel like despite my best efforts, if I even look at food I gain weight. I’m 5’7 (24F) and weigh 158 pounds. I’ve always struggled with my weight, a huge part of that was accepting that I had inherited my dad’s more athletic German/Lithuanian bone structure instead of my Japanese mom’s twig thin one.

I’m allergic to Gluten, Dairy, and Eggs, and stick to a vegan diet (2 years now) as it seems to really help my problems with gut inflammation. I love to cook so I make all of the food I eat, and I feel like I live pretty healthily. I stick to whole foods, low sugar, and eat about 1200-1600 depending on how much I exercised that day. Between the tofu, lentils, and vegetables I average 40-60 grams of protein a day. Fat is normally around 18-25% of my diet (mainly from my daily 1/2 an avocado) and I eat lots of vegetables and a handful of purple rice as my carbohydrates. I don’t drink alcohol or sodas, I rarely eat out, I get 8 hrs of sleep, and I do an intense hour long Shred415 class (burning 500-800 calories) every morning. In addition to shred, I normally walk my dogs several miles and play tennis regularly.

I wouldn’t call myself fat or even chubby, just fluffy and know my energy levels could be better. I can see lots of muscle from my shred classes, but instead of looking toned and slim, I just look soft. There’s clearly a layer of fat thats preventing all the hard work I’ve done in the gym from showing. Having yo yo’d all over the scale, I know I look and feel best at around 145-150 lbs. I’ve tried so hard to lose that last 10 or so pounds, but no matter what I do I just seem to be stuck and can’t get below 155 lbs. The vegan diet has helped a lot, but I still have problems with being bloated. It’s possible that I have a soy allergy, but I get most of my protein from soy, and would hate to add to my already restrictive diet. I just feel that something must be wrong with me.

submitted by /u/IndependenceLimp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35F8PXN

No comments:

Post a Comment