Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I feel like giving up on weight loss?

Hey everyone, I (19f 5 foot tall 195 lbs) am long time lurker on this sub.

I've been trying to lose weight as long as I can remember but I just can't seem to pull together the motivation. I'll start a diet and the pounds will fly off, the first weeks will go really smoothly and I'll have fun doing it and thinking of new recipes and fun activities I can do outdoors. It will all happen really fast. And then... I'll stop. I can't really explain why, I just consistently just loose motivation to keep going, and that's the end of it.

In the past I've mainly focused on calorie restriction. I've considered that maybe I eat too little calories and that's why I give up? No luck - even when I bump up the amount I still just... give up. I exercise by walking mainly. Since quarantine I've gained 20 lbs, I stress eat a lot (eating is the only thing that comforts me).

I don't mind how I look- I think I'm pretty cute 75% of the time, but sometimes I look in the mirror and just realized I don't look how I want to look. Weight related illnesses run in my family, but to be honest that hasn't motivated me either. With the exception of a few key moments every so often (that fade) I just can't seem to really care that I'm really really overweight and I need to do something about it before my body starts seeing consequences for that. I think it might be hard for me because once I remove food I'm also removing comfort from my life. Even when I'm on a diet and I am comfortably satisfied I'll still want more. I don't binge eat.

I'm sorry for venting but I'm at a loss. If anyone has experienced this, what did you do? Any advice?

submitted by /u/pinkpostcards
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HHErng

No comments:

Post a Comment