Saturday, October 24, 2020

Feel like I’m finally learning self discipline and getting control over binge eating

I’m currently 10lbs down in just over a month (aiming for a slow and steady weight loss of 2lbs a week. Currently 218lbs and my goal weight is around 140lbs so I have a long way to go.

It dawned on me today that I am finally leaning to discipline myself not to eat at the faintest stirrings of hunger. Same with binge eating - firstly I don’t buy trigger foods any more (high fat, greasy, sugary foods) and if I do buy some lower calorie treats, I’ll be strict and have one or two as opposed to just mindlessly eating the whole packet or box. I can finally have ‘treat’ foods in the cupboard or fridge for more than a day. It sounds crazy but it’s compulsion I haven’t bothered to resist for such a long time. I think the turning point is slowly educating myself about calories and CICO. Now, when I’m at the supermarket, if I see a treat food and I really want to buy it, I’ll look at the nutritional info and I can see how it’s not worth it. 2 mins of eating for 300 calories? I’ll pass thanks.

That being said, I will allow myself the odd treat but I’ll factor it into my calories for the day/week. I feel like I’m taking a much more sustainable approach and this really feels like something I can stick to for once!

Just so pleased to have mustered some control over my eating habits again!

submitted by /u/fantababy9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ktcgHt

No comments:

Post a Comment