Friday, October 30, 2020

Does it get easier?

I've been logging my food and exercise for not quite three weeks now, and it's going alright. I've lost weight before and dabbled in counting calories, but I've always stopped before getting to my goal weight or being truly satisfied with my body. My lowest adult weight has been a few, maybe 10, lbs below the line delineating "normal" and "overweight" BMI.

This time I'm confident that I have the necessary discipline to continue logging and limiting caloric intake until I see the kind of progress I want. I just wonder: does it get easier? I'm certainly not starved, and I don't feel woozy or malnourished. I'm just always hungry. Even after a meal, I always feel like I'm not quite full and would love to eat just a bit more. I'm telling myself that this feeling is how I know that my actions are working and that I'm doing a good job, and it's not terribly overwhelming. But it gets overwhelming when I consider the possibility that being slimmer may mean feeling like this for the rest of my life, as long as I'm adhering to the weight loss. Is maintenance easier than the weight loss part? How long does it take for your body to adjust to eating less? Food is delicious and I've used it as a coping mechanism in the past, and the idea of feeling deprived indefinitely is difficult to think about.

Thank you for reading, I could use a bit of support right now.

submitted by /u/dezavue
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34I85Sv

No comments:

Post a Comment