Saturday, October 31, 2020

How can I get out of this rut of eating less & doing more cardio?

Hello. I have been into fitness for a good few years now & I was originally very over weight. Over the past 5 years I have lost over 50lb & built quite a bit of muscle from a regular lifting routine. I am almost 42 years of age now & almost happy with my body. My plan this year was to diet back down to a low body fat % & maintain or maybe had a little more muscle. So I have been trying to lose the last few pounds by my normal method of calorie counting & cardio since the beginning of this year. However, I am struggling & I believe it's due to my metabolism slowing down as I have been in that viscous cycle of eating less & doing more cardio to the point I am constantly hungry & my weight loss as stalled.

I am confident I am in a calorie deficit as I eat the same thing each day & track all calories. I am eating a measly 1200 calories a day which for a 5'8" guy is not much at all plus I am now doing 5 miles a day on the elliptical machine & 3 days of lifting.

My plan is to cut the cardio out to 3 days per week for maybe a month then start to raise my calories slowly by about 100 per day every few week. I am petrified that if I reduce my cardio or eat a little more I will pile back on the weight. However, I cant go on like this forever.

Any advice please?

submitted by /u/matthew6978
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jOictk

No comments:

Post a Comment