Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Phantom Fat

I'm getting to an uncomfortable spot with weight loss, you guys.... I'm down enough where people are starting to notice, but I have a very hard time noticing it myself. 85 pounds on a 5’ 10” frame has thinned me out a bit, but I could still stand to lose another 50, which I’m working on now. I still cut doorways widely in fear my hips will hit the door frame and they don't... Exercise has been easier. Clothes fit better, and I even purged some items that had gotten “too big”. The clothes that were too big just made me feel frumpy, and to be honest, it was hard to determine within myself it was truly too big or simply a bad fit/ugly piece. I see and acknowledge these things but I still feel like I haven’t come far enough. It’s temporarily validating to hear from others, but I struggle with feelings of my progress not being enough to show, I suppose. Since I’m not at my goal, it almost feels like my progress isn’t as meaningful and almost prevents me from being able to see it.

It really sucks. I have a weird anxiety about seeing people I haven’t seen in awhile. Scared of their reaction, kind of scared how I’ll feel if they don’t have a reaction, because my anxiety brain would convince me that I indeed haven’t lost as much as I think I have and that I’m still at my highest weight. I’m all over the place with this.

Sorry for venting, I just wanted to get it out there. It’s maddening and so frustrating to not feel happy along the way for something I’ve been wanting to do for YEARS. sigh

submitted by /u/Hayzahh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e5CYU1

No comments:

Post a Comment