Wednesday, October 28, 2020

UPDATE: F36 / 5'4 SW 240 lbs CW 195lbs GW1 195 lbs GW2 165lbs GW3 140lbs

Hello Everyone!

I've been on a weight loss journey for most of my life. The first time I stepped on a scale and I was put on a diet was when I was 12. Back then, with only a few pounds to lose, doctors and family thought I was "obese". Since then, for the past almost 30 years I've been struggling with body image, self-worth, depression, insecurities, and of course, food.

Food has been the only constant in my life. When everything was changing, food was there. If sad, happy, conflicted, depressed, doubtful... food was my only true friend. The one that didn't judge, the one that comforted me in my darkest hours.

I've tried many diets. Many "lifestyles". Many tricks to lose weight.

Name it.

Paleo? done it. Keto? done it. South Beach? done it. Acupuncture? done it. Moon diet? done it. Slow-carb? done it. Low carb? done it. Liquid diet? done it. Juicing? done it. "Enter your new year's resolution diet here?" done it.

For so many years I've been frustrated because I thought there was nothing I could do to lose weight and feel and look good.

But everything had to do with the way I think. How I see myself, the things I would tell myself every day, the beliefs I've acquired through the years (that were 90% not true) etc.

For about 5 years I've been having digestive problems. Early this year this condition got worse and I was devastated. It didn't matter what I would eat. I would end up in the ER just for them to run a bunch of tests to tell me I have nothing.

I started to count calories, walk and worry "less" about life. It wasn't perfect. Still not perfect. Some days are better than others.

Long story short, I am still figuring this thing out. I have to retrain myself to see food as fuel for my body and not indulge. I've read about intuitive eating, about calories and nutrition, and a holistic way to approach it. Need to make peace with the fact that I LOVE FOOD but it is not supposed to control me. I need to live with it. Eat to live, not live to eat.

It has been a journey of a lifetime, and I am not even halfway there! But I need to work on my thinking and start purging the things that don't benefit my life. Letting go is always a hard thing to do, but it is time to do it.

I've reached my first goal of losing 45 lbs and I am over the moon. Feel better, look better but I want to give this my 110%. I am documenting this small victory so might be encouraging for anyone that is struggling with the same type of issues.

You need to do this for yourself. No one else would appreciate it more than your body and your spirit!

Have a great day!

PS: I was trying to post pictures but is not letting me... anyone having the same problem?

submitted by /u/cintiaPB
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kCxdjd

No comments:

Post a Comment