Saturday, October 31, 2020

I feel my relationship with food is changing.

Previously I would say I craved the same foods. Bread, chocolate, carbs, anything creamy. If I had a loaf in the house, that's what I would eat until it was gone. Over the last month I've been more adventurous and cooked from what was here. Today I'll have a thai pork bone broth and prawn soup, I'll add in stir fried greens and some rice on the side. Previously, I'd make that but really fancy the carby addiction of fish and chips. I'll always struggle with food and weight, but for now I'm in a good place and am celebrating that. For once I'm not craving junk food, I'm getting genuine pleasure out of putting good things in my body. This time, for me, weight loss has to come with other changes in my life, less procrastination, more finishing of tasks, more making my home a space which allows me time to do new things. In the uk, and in the rest of the world, we have a long winter ahead. We have uncertainty, change, fear and loss to face. Weight loss is part of how I deal with that, it's something positive and it allows me to imagine new horizons when this is all past or st least is a new equilibrium. Each good change is what I'm focusing on. Enjoying little victories, whether temporary or permanent, in a world where each person individually seems so powerless in the present.

submitted by /u/Dogwarden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ec1frw

No comments:

Post a Comment