Tuesday, October 27, 2020

When Weight Loss Isn’t About Weight

Several years ago , for our anniversary, My Husband and I gave each other the gift of getting healthy. (So proud of him for his amazing accomplishment) I decided I was ready to revamp my life, prioritize my health, and build a life that I had only ever dreamed of. It started so slowly – a salad here, an extra walk there. It was filled with moments of incredible success, such as slipping into an old pair of jeans that I have not worn in years. It was also filled with moments of utter defeat, like waking up puffy and bloated after a cheat weekend and not being able to take off my rings.

But today? Here I am. A full year of maintaining my weight loss and living my healthy lifestyle – and what have I learned? It was never about the weight. My journey was one of self-discovery and of finding the confidence I had within. It was an adventure in resilience and adversity. It was about focusing on small goals first, while always keeping the big dream on a pedestal.

It was never about weight loss: It was about me and my quest to love myself. But it was also about me learning to love the person I have been along the way – before and after the weight loss. Every single day, every single struggle, and every single victory has made me who I am today – and I am so grateful for who I have been throughout the entire journey. Afterall, it is never about the weight – it’s about knowing my worth, achieving my goals, and believing in myself.

submitted by /u/nikkusens
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kzLJbB

No comments:

Post a Comment