Monday, October 26, 2020

How washing my face helped me lose weight and keep it off

To preface this, no, unfortunately there is not a magical face wash that sheds the Ibs.

My whole life I have gone through weight loss cycles. The ingredient that is always lacking when I start to gain weight back is discipline. Mid last year I was my heaviest and decided I needed to change, and wondered how to change my lifestyle and stick with it. Instead of starting with my eating habits, I decided to add discipline into other “easier” aspects of my life that would also benefit me before I tackled the “hard stuff” aka food consumption.

I vowed that every single night, no matter what, I HAD to do a face wash routine. On vacation? Face wash. Sick day? Face wash. Home from the bar at 4am? Face wash. I did not make any exceptions for myself. Crying? Face wash. Since then I had lost 20lbs in 3 months (5’1F) and maintained my weight longer than I ever have before.

In the last two months I’ve gained back 5lbs and my face looks a mess, and you know why? Because I made way too many recent exceptions to my nightly face routine. That dissolved my discipline practice. So you know what I did tonight and I’m going to continue doing tomorrow and the next day and the next.....? Wash my face.

submitted by /u/heyitsamess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mqsgdU

No comments:

Post a Comment