Saturday, October 24, 2020

Update- Made a promise to myself post Covid

Original Post

I caught Covid in late June and thought I was going to die and I made a promise to myself that I would get my shit together. Here we are close to four months later and I've lost 50.4 lbs! Not only that, but my partner got on the path with me, and he's lost 52 pounds!

We want our weight loss to be forever, so we've made a lot of lifestyle changes. No soda, limited sugar, no alcohol, CICO. I'm vegan, but that's unrelated to weight loss. I initially focused on portion control, starting at 2400 calories and decreasing it gradually to where I am now at 1600. Once I felt like I had the diet situation on lock, I started focusing on moving more. I do 30-40 minutes of yoga a day (10 in the morning, 20-30 before bed) and keep workout clothes in my car to stop at the park on my way home. Mostly I just walk around, but I only do things that I enjoy because I've learned that if I don't like it, I'll find an excuse to not do it.

I have a long way to go still, but I'm proud of myself. I'm so grateful to myself for getting my head on straight finally. Thank you to everyone who gave advice/ encouragement. You're all gems!

Before and after pics

submitted by /u/Freddie_boy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J0e3FX

No comments:

Post a Comment