Sunday, October 25, 2020

The surgery (DUN DUN)

(This is a long one, sorry) So I am a 28 year old man, I have just recently passed 400 pounds which is somewhere I thought I’d never get. I’ve had semi successful weight loss periods in my life but I am addicted to food plain and simple. I’ve had depression since I was young, worse in my teen years than now but nowadays it’s more just a hopelessness with seasonal depression. I eat to cope and I eat when I’m bored. I wouldn’t say there’s a lot of instances of eating throughout the day but when I eat, I EAT. I also consider myself extremely unlucky, call it an excuse, whatever. My most recent successful weight loss experience was 3ish years ago where I basically ate nothing and exercised (walking, lifting weights) I felt great though I wasn’t without cravings and I had a few slip ups but I lost 50+ pounds. As my luck would have it, right when things were looking up, I broke my ankle. I was off my feet for 3 months and just fell into a funk. I’ve pretty much never gotten out of that funk and I’ve gained back all the weight and then some. I’ve tried to start with diet and exercise again but I always fail. Like immediately. As I get closer to my 30’s I’m starting to realise that I wasted my 20’s as an obese waste of space, I haven’t gotten laid since I was 20. The only woman I ever slept with cheated on me with some one VERY close to me and it obviously destroyed me and gave me an inferiority complex. I have been a sexual anorexic ever since. I want to be done being this pathetic loser and I know people will say (you can lose the weight if you just set your mind to it!) but you have to realise that I have believed that too only to fail over and over and over again over an actual DECADE! I don’t want another decade wasted and guys my size might not even make it out of their 30’s! So this whole wall of text boils down to this; what do you guys think of bariatric surgery (I.e. Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve)? I almost got it in my early 20’s but talked my self out of it. My mother got it and unfortunately she became an alcoholic afterwards as so many do, she ended up passing away at 52 from a heart attack while suffering from pneumonia and liver disease. I’m not saying the surgery killed her but idk if she would be dead if she hadn’t gotten it. I want to lose weight but I want to lose a lot of weight. I want a new lease on life. I want to hike, Ride a bike again, ride a rollercoaster again, make love again, not get dirty looks anymore etc.. the surgery scares me but Dying of a heart attack at 35 at 500 pounds scares the shit out of me. There it is. If you read it all I thank you and I’d love to hear your experiences and opinions on all of it, Bye!

submitted by /u/fuckin1992
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37Fv5Uf

No comments:

Post a Comment