Sunday, October 25, 2020

Finally, some support

So this has been a long time coming.

I'm 21F, 220lbs/99kg and i've been struggling with my weight since I was very little.

I live with my parents, who have always been big eaters. Pasta and pizza's for dinner were a thing multiple times a week and we used to get fast food a lot when I was a kid. My parents were never really supportive when it came to weightloss, saying stuff like "you're just not built to be skinny" or "why even bother with your eating patterns".

My father got weight loss surgery a year ago and he is doing really good (lost 150 pounds, started working out) and my mother is looking to get surgery as well. This totally changed everything food related around the house.

This leaves me, struggling in coronatimes, trying not to cope by eating every single thing in sight. Last week I decided enough was enough and started seriously tracking what I ate everyday. I started limiting my calories (CICO is a life saver) in LoseIt! And have told my family I am trying to lose weight.

Usually on the weekend we would still have fried food or something pretty unhealthy. Today was one of those days.

I came down for dinner, which my mom makes on the weekends, and was surprised to not see a plate of fried food at my place at the table. She said "well I know you're trying to lose weight so I just wanted to ask you if you wanted anything other than fried food?"

I was genuinely surprised by this support in my weight loss. She has never showed support like this and usually buys stuff she knows I like to eat when I say I'm on a diet ( spanish moms am i right).

I ate some chickenbreast with noodles and vegetables tonight.

submitted by /u/fudgepunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3onslke

No comments:

Post a Comment