Saturday, June 12, 2021

60 lbs lost, first 50 lbs with moderate activity and last 10 lbs with calorie restriction and minimal activity, not a linear journey!

Weight loss pics

5"3 28F CW: 159lbs GW: 140lbs SW: 218lbs

I'm pumped to be in the 150s again, in my 20s the low end of 150s has been my average. That's with drinking/going out on weekends and either running 5kms regularly or hitting the gym 3-4 times/week. I hit 218 lbs last summer, prior to that in February 190 lbs was actually my highest. Weight gain began with a back injury that took me out of working out in 2018 (135lbs) then being medicated for low mood (2018-2020) and spraining an ankle running 2019. It was a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

End of July 2020 I got into just walking regularly 1-2 km daily, then 3-4km, then hiking 5-8km 4/wk in August, then in September December 2020 running 5-8ks 3-4/wk. Didn't do calorie restriction initially, limited eating out, made home cooked meals I had been used to when I previously went to the gym regularly/ran.

  • Refined carbohydrates decreased to just a few times/week (pizza or eating out mainly). Would add greens to make meal more filling.

  • Vegetables/fruit added in bulk to all meals to increase fullness (FIBRE).

  • Protein in all meals (tried to keep it lean: lean ground beef, full eggs, kidney beans, ground turkey, and chicken breast regularly).

  • Stopped drinking alcohol and started drinking carbonated water/diet coke.

  • Water 3+L/day

  • Decreased coffee to 2 cups/day (1/2 skim milk or unsweetened coconut milk).

In December 2020 I developed some health issues all at once (asthma, ideopathic anaphylaxis, and a benign tumour in my left leg on the ileal band). I was 170 lbs at the time and pretty fucking down about these complications, I gained a little (5 lbs) because I couldn't actually eat vegetables for a few months and was stuck with carbs, fat, and meat to get my nutrients. I was also sedentary (couldn't walk and breathe).

Eventually I got on some meds that helped me widen my diet (vegetables and fruits good to go again), and I started calorie restriction because I was stuck on the couch and didn't really need that much food. I restricted to 1400-1500 calories (listened to my hunger too, I was sick so if I was hungry I'd support my body).

The last 5 weeks I started walking again with the help of a regular puffer (1-3km every other day). I've lost those 5 lbs since the beginning of May + 10 lbs. Some days in the week I land up eating more like 1200 calories but it's only since I replaced rice/whole wheat with barley and beans. They are incredibly filling and if I'm not hungry I just don't feel like eating that, also some days I have 2100 because I like eating out once a week or every 2 weeks.

Just wanted to show an example I guess of how easy/complicated weight loss can be. It's not linear and it's 100% a journey, I'm okay with where I'm at. My goal weight is 140 lbs but I'm not strict on that - I like the way I look now and health isn't 100% your weight. I think you're habits are, and sometimes shit luck, environment, and/or genetics. Whatever your goal be flexible and not too hard on yourself, you'll have ups and downs. It's okay

submitted by /u/lillypadsbedamned
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pUtSQ4

No comments:

Post a Comment