Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Am I losing weight too fast?

Quick look: lost a lot of weight recently without any binging. I need to know if I should add more calories to my diet. Feel fine, not hungry.

I am going to try to include a lot of details. F39 5’6” SW 255 (March 23rd 2021) CW 229 GW 170ish I use MyFitnessPal and Happy Scale. A week ago I got a smart scale that tells body fat and all that.

My current stats are : Weight 229.4 lb BMI 36.9 Body fat 47.1% Fat free body weight 121.2 lb Subcutaneous fat 40.7% Visceral fat 18 Body water 36.3% Skeletal muscle 30.8% Muscle mass 114.2 lb Bone mass 7.2 lb Protein 11.1% BMR 1559kcal Metabolic age 46

Set up to lose 2 lbs per week on MyFitnessPal. It says my calorie goal is 1210.

I know I should be weighing everything but honestly I’m not going to do that because I’m lazy. I do scan and count all food. I overestimate a lot, but I also don’t know exactly how much olive oil that my chicken was cooked in. I’m obviously overestimating well because I’m losing weight. For the most part I eat whole healthy foods, but I don’t deprive myself either. I just choose healthier options like 60-80 cal ice cream bars.

I walk at least a mile every day. A couple times a week I hike 4.5 miles. I do some light strength training twice a week. I also throw in random workouts like playing basketball or 10 mile hikes several times a month.

I am going for healthy and sustainable. Plus I want my skin to keep up with my weight loss as much as possible. But I have a lot of weight to lose. My goal weight is still overweight but no longer obese. It is a number where I looked and felt good. I will reevaluate when I get closer.

My only health issues is obesity, vitamin D deficiency, and the fact that I am premenopausal and on hormones for it. Medications and supplements: Vitamin D2 50,000 IU once per week, Junel 1/20 daily, benefiber 2tsp eod

I have been losing a lot of weight recently and you wouldn’t think that was an issue but I want healthy and sustainable. This isn’t a diet for me, this is forever.

Here are some of my key weight loss dates: March 23rd 255lb April 19th 250lb (I had started counting calories sometime shortly before here) May 1st 245lb May 12th 240lb May 27th 235lb May 30th 234.2lb May 31st 233.2lb June 1st 232.0lb June 2nd 229.4lb

I don’t binge, I eat healthy, I don’t do cheat days, I drink a lot of water (at least 100ml, usually more). My hair is coming out at a normal rate for me (I’m almost 40, hair loss is a struggle), I’m not hungry (if I am, I eat).

As you can see the weight loss is pretty rapid lately. Should I be concerned? Should I add more calories to my diet? Am I overthinking this?

submitted by /u/Contemplating_emu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pbHnuj

No comments:

Post a Comment