Saturday, June 12, 2021

I can't seem to get past the discomfort hurdle, and I don't know why

Hey, I've been here for a while but this is my first time posting.

Back in 2015 and then 2018, I was so good at losing weight. Cut the calories in a gradual way, and increase my exercise. I was 25 and 28 then, 30 now.

I'm overweight by about 8kg now and have been trying to lose it for a year or so. Part of it absolutely is my own self control.

But something else is frustrating me that never did before, and it's a feeling of intense discomfort and malaise when controlling calories that I can't pinpoint.

I stick to my classic deficit of 400 calories for gradual weight loss, and a gradual increase in exercise. I do this to avoid rebounding so that I don't need drastic change to end the deficit.

If you've had hypoglycemia before, you know most of what I'm feeling. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia years ago without diabetes and get it about once a year.

At this deficit, I get a feeling through most of the day that feels like hunger, but isn't actually hunger. It feels like cravings, but isn't a craving. I say this because I know how both feel, and I can't define this feeling. I test myself by imagining food I may be hungry for it craving, and don't get any particular urge to have them.

But this malaise remains, and it is only satisfied when I break my calorie deficit or overeat. It gives me occasional shakes and shivers, body weakness, a little brain fog and an anxiety to "deal with it, with food if needed."

I've struggled with this for about a year. Part of me feels it's psychological, but my CBT hasn't been able to help the physical sensations. At hospital, I've had bloods run extensively. High cholesterol and overweight, a blood pressure isn't ideal, but nothing else indicates a problem.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Does it sound like something familiar I need to just power through? Or do you think it warrants more hospital checks?

Many thanks. I'm really trying to get back down to my ideal weight again.

submitted by /u/mrminutehand
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gshoe1

No comments:

Post a Comment